5 people were killed during a gun recall event on the beach of Los Angeles
Five people were injured Saturday in a shooting on a Los Angeles beach — just a few miles from where city officials held a gun recall event earlier in the day, according to the Los Angeles Police Department and City Councilman Tim McOsker.
The LAPD Harbor Division responded to a radio call of a shooting in Royal Palms Beach around 5:45 p.m. Saturday.
“Five Hispanic males were at a beach barbecue with a group of approximately 10 to 20 people,” Los Angeles police said in a written statement Sunday.
Two suspects approached the group and had an argument. “The suspects then pulled out a handgun and fired several shots, hitting the victims,” police said. “Then the suspects got into a car and fled the scene.”
Five people were injured. “The latest information we have is that two victims are in critical condition, two victims are in critical condition and one victim is in stable condition,” the police said in a statement.
Earlier, the police reported that the condition of one of the victims is serious, and the condition of four people is stable.
“We are outraged and saddened by the shooting at Royal Palms Beach in San Pedro that left 5 people injured,” said Janice Hahn, chairwoman of the McOsker and Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors.
“It’s amazing that today we’re holding a gun recall event just a few miles from here. Gun violence is taking its toll on our society.
Royal Palms Beach will be closed Sunday and will remain closed early this weekend as city officials work on plans to “ensure safety and peaceful community use,” the joint statement said.
All news on the site does not represent the views of the site, but we automatically submit this news and translate it using software technology on the site, rather than a human editor.