A Los Angeles high school student was hospitalized after taking drugs, an official said

0

A San Fernando Valley high school student who was hospitalized Tuesday may have consumed marijuana-laced edibles, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

Police arrived at James Monroe High School on Haskell Avenue in the North Hills neighborhood of Los Angeles just after 12:30 p.m., where paramedics were treating the patient, said Margaret Stewart of the Los Angeles Fire Department.

The student was taken to a local hospital for further evaluation, but was not listed as life-threatening, according to a statement from Los Angeles school police. School officials contacted emergency services out of an abundance of caution, Officer Nina Buranasombati said in a statement, and called the student’s parents in accordance with Los Angeles Unified School District policy.

Narcan, a drug used to reverse or lessen the effects of opioid overdoses, was not administered based on an early evaluation of the student, school police said. The Los Angeles Police Department confirmed that the student consumed edibles containing marijuana. The campus remained open during the incident.

Los Angeles Times

All news on the site does not represent the views of the site, but we automatically submit this news and translate it using software technology on the site, rather than a human editor.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.