George Michael – Bio, Net Worth, Death Cause, Family, Awards, Albums
George Michael – Bio, Net Worth, Death, Family, Awards, Albums, #George #Michael #Bio #Net #Worth #Death #Family #Awards #Albums Welcome to BLOG 50MIND SHere’s the latest broadcast news and trends we’ve got for you today: :
George Michael was a singer, songwriter and music producer from England who is considered one of the most important cultural figures of the MTV generation and is one of the best-selling music artists of all time, with sales of more than 120 million records worldwide. He was also well recognized as a leading creative force in music production, songwriting, vocal performance and visual presentation. After meeting Andrew Ridgeley at Bushey Meads School as a teenager, they formed a pop duo called ‘Wham!’ in 1981. Before creating ‘Wham!’ George formed a short-lived ska band called ‘The Executive’ with Andrew Ridgeley and his brother Paul, Andrew Leaver and David Mortimer. Four of his singles as part of ‘Wham!’ such as Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go, Freedom, I’m Your Man and The Edge of Heaven were number 1 in the UK and Irish music charts. He released his first studio album “Fantastic” in July 1983 with Andrew Ridgeley as part of the English pop duo “Wham!”. The album peaked at number 1 in the UK Albums Chart. As a solo artist, his first album was “Faith”, which was released in October 1987. The album peaked at #1 on the UK, Dutch and US Billboard charts. In 1982, he made his first TV show appearance on Top of the Pops as himself. A great philanthropist, he has contributed considerable time and money to various charities. On 25 December 2016, he was found dead of heart disease at his home in Goring-on-Thames, Oxfordshire.
George Michael Death Cause
In the early hours of Christmas Day 2016, George Michael died in bed at his home in Goring-on-Thames aged 53. His partner Fadi Fawaz found him. In March 2017, the Chief Coroner in Oxfordshire attributed Michael’s death to dilated cardiomyopathy with myocarditis and fatty liver. Due to a delay in determining the cause of death, his funeral took place on 29 March 2017. He was buried in a private ceremony at Highgate Cemetery, North London, to one side of his mother’s grave. On the other side is buried his sister Melanie, who died exactly three years after him.
What made George Michael famous?
- Being a singer, songwriter and music producer.
- Being one half of the pop music duo ‘Wham!’ along with Andrew Ridgeley.
- For his solo albums such as Faith (1987) and Listen Without Prejudice Vol. 1 (1990).
Where was George Michael from?
George Michael was born on June 25, 1963. He came from East Finchley, London, England and spent his early childhood in Kingsbury. His birth name was Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou. He had British nationality and his ethnicity was mixed. He had Greek Cypriot ancestry on his father’s side and English ancestry on his mother’s side. He last celebrated his 53rd birthday in 2016. His zodiac sign is Cancer and his religion is Judaism. His father, Kyriacos Panayiotou, was a Greek Cypriot who emigrated to England in 1950. He was a restaurant owner. His mother, Lesley Angold, English, was a professional dancer. He also had two older sisters, Yioda and Melanie. Regarding his education, he attended Roe Green Junior School and Kingsbury High School. He then attended Bushey Meads School in Bushey.
Timeline of George Michael’s career
- Initially Michael worked as a DJ, playing in clubs and local schools around Bushey, Stanmore and Watford.
- He later formed the duo “Wham!” with Andrew Ridgeley in 1981 and released their first album ‘Fantastic’ which went to number one in the UK in 1983 and produced a string of top 10 singles including ‘Young Guns’, ‘Wham Rap!’ and ‘Club Tropicana’.
- Their second album “Make It Big” reached #1 in the US charts. Single.
- Featured on Band-Aid’s original 1984 recording, “Do They Know It’s Christmas?”. The song became a Christmas number one in the UK and Michael also donated the profits from “Last Christmas” and “Everything She Wants” to charity.
- Tour Wham! after China in April 1985 made history as they were the first British band to visit Communist China and play Western popular music. Before touring Wham! to China, many types of music were banned in the country. Their visit thus attracted worldwide media attention for Wham!
- In 1986, after the recording of ‘Music from the Edge of Heaven’, he broke up with the group to start his solo career.
- He began his solo career in 1987 with the release of “I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)”. The single reached number one on both the US Billboard Hot 100 and the UK Singles Chart.
- In 1987, he released his debut solo album “Faith”. The album topped the UK Albums Chart and was No. 1 on the US Billboard 200 for 12 weeks.
- The first single released from the album was “I Want Your Sex” in mid-1987. “I Want Your Sex” reached #2 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and #3 in the UK.
- His second solo album ‘Listen Without Prejudice Vol. 1″ was released in 1990. It was a huge success in the UK, debuting at number 1 and staying there for a week. It was in the top 20 for 34 consecutive weeks.
- He released his next album “Older” in 1996.
- His fourth album “Songs from the Last Century” was released in 1999. The album reached the lowest peak of his solo effort, peaking at No. 157 on the US Billboard 200 and No. 2 on the UK Albums Chart. .
- His fifth studio album “Patience” was released in 2004. After this album, he was rumored to retire from the music industry.
- The 2005 documentary “A Different Story” covered his career and personal life.
- The album “Twenty Five” was released in 2006 and celebrated the 25th anniversary of his music career, which was his second compilation album.
- At the time of his death, he was working on “Freedom”, another documentary about his life, which was due to be released in March 2017.
- Apart from singing, he was also an actor who made his American debut by playing the guardian angel for Jonny Lee Miller’s character in “Eli Stone”.
- In 2008, he also appeared on the final show of American Idol on May 21, singing “Praying for Time”.
- On December 25, 2008, Michael released a new Christmas-themed track, “December Song”, for free on his website.
Awards and achievements
During his 30-year career, Michael has won numerous music awards, including three Brit Awards – winning Best British Male Artist twice, four MTV Video Music Awards, six Ivor Novello Awards, three American Music Awards (including two in the traditionally black Soul/R&B category) and two Grammy Awards from eight nominations.
Won Album of the Year
- 31st Annual Grammy Awards (1988)
It won Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal
- 30th Annual Grammy Awards (1987)
- I knew you were waiting (for me)
Nominated for Best Short Music Video
- 7th Annual Grammy Awards (2004)
Nominated for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album
- 43rd Annual Grammy Awards (2000)
- Songs from the Last Century (album)
Nominated for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals
- 35th Annual Grammy Awards (1992)
- Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me (Single)
Nominated for Best Pop Vocal Performance, Male
- 34th Annual Grammy Awards (1991)
- Freedom 90 (single)
Best Pop Vocal Performance, Male
- 31st Annual Grammy Awards (1988)
- Father figure (single)
Nominated for Best Music Video, Long Form
- 28th Annual Grammy Awards (1985)
- Wham! Video (video)
Nominated for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals
- 27th Annual Grammy Awards (1984)
- Wake Me Before You Go (Single)
Who was George Michael’s girlfriend?
George Michael was not a married man, but he dated many women throughout his life. He stated that his early fantasies were about women, which “led me to believe that I was on the path to heterosexuality”, but in adolescence he began to fantasize about men, which he later said “had something to do with my environment”. . At the age of 19, Michael told Andrew Ridgeley that he was bisexual. He also told one of his two sisters, but was advised not to tell his parents about his sexuality. In a 1999 interview with The Advocate, Michael told editor-in-chief Judy Wieder that it was “falling in love with a man that ended his conflict about bisexuality.” “I’ve never had a moral problem with being gay,” Michael told her. “I thought I fell in love with a woman a few times. Then I fell in love with a man and realized none of those things were love.” In 2004, Michael said, “I slept with women a lot in the Wham! days, but I never felt like it could evolve relationship because I knew I was emotionally gay. I didn’t want to commit to them, but I was attracted to them. Then I felt ashamed that I might be using them. I decided I had to stop, which I did when I started to fear AIDS, which started to spread in Britain. Even though I had always had safe sex, I didn’t want to sleep with a woman without telling her I was bisexual. I felt it would be irresponsible. Basically, I didn’t want to have the awkward conversation that would could have ruined the moment, so I stopped sleeping with them.” In the same interview, he added, “If I wasn’t with Kenny [his boyfriend at the time]”I would have sex with women, no doubt about it.” He said he believes the formation of his sexuality was “a nurturing thing due to the absence of my father, who was always busy working. It meant I was exceptionally close to my mother”, although he stated that “certainly there are people who are predisposed to be gay for whom the environment is irrelevant.” In 1998, George Michael made headlines when he was arrested for “obscene ” behavior in a public restroom in a park in Los Angeles. After the incident, he announced on television that he was gay. In July 2006, he was accused of having sex in public on London’s Hampstead Heath. In 2007, Michael said he hid his sexuality because of concerns about the effect it might have on his mother. Two years later he added: “My depression at the end of Wham! because I was starting to realize that I was gay, not bisexual.” In the late 1980s, Michael was in a relationship with makeup artist Kathy Jeung, who for a time was considered his artistic “muse” and who appeared in the video for “I Want Your Sex” . He later said that she was his “only bona fide” girlfriend and that she knew about his bisexuality. In 2016, Jeung responded to Michael’s death by calling him a “true friend” with whom she had “the best times [her] life”. In 1992, Michael started a relationship with Anselmo Feleppa, a Brazilian dress designer whom he met at the Rock in Rio concert in 1991. He was also in a long-term relationship with Kenny Goss, a former flight attendant and sportswear manager. They later broke up in 2009. In 2012, he began a relationship with celebrity hairdresser Fadi Fawaz, which continued until his death in 2016. It was Fawaz who found Michael’s body on Christmas Day 2016.
How Much Was George Michael Net Worth?
George Michael was a singer, songwriter and record producer who made a huge fortune by releasing many albums, singles and songs. George Michael’s net worth is estimated to be $200 million as of 2022. He earned this wealth from his music industry. At the time of his death, he was earning his salary in millions of dollars. In terms of endorsing his brand, he appeared in a TV commercial for Diet Coke in 1989. Between 2006 and 2008, he reportedly earned £48.5 million ($97 million) from just 25 live tours. In July 2014, it was reported that he was a famous investor in a tax avoidance scheme called Liberty. According to the Sunday Times Rich List 2015 of Britain’s richest musicians, Michael was worth £105 million. At the time of his death, Michael had sold over 115 million records worldwide. As a solo artist, he has sold over 80 million records, making him one of the best-selling music artists.
How tall was George Michael?
George Michael was a handsome singer with a tall height of 5 feet 11 inches or 180.5 cm and his body weight consisted of 82 kg or 181 pounds. His hair color was salt and pepper while his eye color was hazel. His body type was average. He had short hair. His body measurements were 42-35-12 inches (chest-waist-biceps).
for more articles visit:TermBeamer and if you have any complain or suggest feel from to use our contact us page.