Japan – Reuters Tankan for April – builders remain very pessimistic
Reuters Tankan’s headline:
The April index for the main producers is -3
- Mars was also -3
- their forecast for July is +7
The non-production index for April is much better, +24
- It was +21 in March
- their forecast for July is +19
Reuters Tankan is a quarterly poll conducted by Reuters news agency in collaboration with Japan International University.
- Similar to the Bank of Japan’s Tankan survey, it is a quarterly survey of business sentiment among Japanese companies.
- Reuters Tankan covers a wider industry and is not limited to large companies
- The survey is based on interviews with executives from nearly 500 Japanese companies spanning a variety of industries and sizes.
- The questions asked in the survey cover various aspects of the economy such as sales, profits, capital expenditure, hiring plans and inflation expectations.
All news on the site does not represent the views of the site, but we automatically submit this news and translate it through software technology on the site rather than a human editor.