SEE: Security video released of fatal hit-and-run that left Matthew Lobos dead in Florence


Over the weekend, a teenager was killed in an alleged hit-and-run in Florence, Los Angeles.

Here’s everything you need to know.

Footage of the hit and run crash has been released

Several new outlets have obtained a video clip of the accident. The teenager has been identified as Matthew Lobos, according to reports. He was 17 years old.

In the clip, we can see the victim run over by two vehicles. According to an autopsy, Matthew died at the scene.

However, the LAPD South Traffic Division remains unsuccessful in apprehending the suspects.

Additionally, LAPD Detective Jerry Gibson said at a press conference that the incident occurred at 2:30 a.m. on August 21. The location is said to be the parking lot of a warehouse on 62nd Street between Avalon Boulevard and Central Avenue.

According to reports, Matthew was attending a party in an underground warehouse where he apparently got into a physical confrontation with the suspects. It was also mentioned that the two sides later took their dispute to the streets.

However, shortly after, a black SUV drove through the crowd towards Matthew and ran him over.

The video further included a person exiting the vehicle and getting into a white Acura. Although at first it seemed that the car had driven away. However, in the next few moments, he turned back and hit Matthew again.

However, police suspect that this is a gang-related attack. But Matthew’s family claims that the deceased was not a member of any gang.

Matthew Lobos’ aunt has started a GoFundMe page

Matthew Lobos’ aunt, Laura Valenzuela, has set up a GoFundMe page to support the teen’s mother.

Currently, the page has managed to raise over $17,000 in funding.

Meanwhile, Matthew was a senior at Santee High School. Besides, he was to turn eighteen in a few months.

Regardless, Valenzuela shared her thoughts on her nephew’s shocking death in the interview.

She said: ‘In the early hours of Sunday August 21, my dear 17-year-old nephew was tragically taken. Just 5 months before his 18th birthday he was stuck in 2 unknown vehicles with intent to kill.’

In addition, Matthew’s brother Nicholas Lobos claims that his death was intentional.

He mentioned, “It was intentional. It was on purpose. Everything was intentional.’

Nicholas was one of the last people to speak to Matthew before his death. According to reports, he was supposed to attend the same party, but their mother decided against it.


Maddii is your typical nerd with an insatiable appetite for books. He loves a midnight snack.

for more articles visit:TermBeamer and if you have any complain or suggest feel from to use our contact us page.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.