The jackpot jumped to $1.1 billion after there was no winner on Friday
There was no big winner in Friday night’s Mega Millions drawing, which once again pushed the jackpot past $1 billion.
No one matched all six numbers to win Friday’s projected $940 million Mega Millions jackpot. The game’s top prize is now valued at $1.1 billion with a cash option of $568.7 million for Tuesday’s next drawing.
The massive $1.1 billion jackpot is the third largest Mega Millions ever and the fifth largest in lottery history.
Since the Mega Millions jackpot was last won in October, the top prize has steadily increased by 24 draws. The game’s odds of winning the jackpot are 1 in 302.6 million.
“Mega Millions has reached the $1 billion mark again. It was great to see the jackpot grow over the holidays and into the New Year,” Pat MacDonald, Ohio Lottery director and senior manager of the Mega Millions consortium, said Saturday. statement. “As the jackpot grows, we encourage our players to stick to their entertainment budget and enjoy this jackpot with us.”
Here’s what else you need to know.
What are my chances of winning the lottery? Here’s what you need to know if you hit the Mega Millions jackpot
Money:The Powerball jackpot is always up for grabs. Here’s what to do if you win
Mega millions winning numbers
The winning numbers for Friday’s drawing were 3-20-46-59-63, Mega Ball: 13 and Megaplier 3x.
Did anyone win Mega Millions last night?
No one matched all six numbers to win Friday’s projected $940 million Mega Millions jackpot. However, Mega Millions noted that there were more than 4.4 million winning tickets for the game’s other prize levels, from $2 million to $1 million.
Five tickets that match five numbers will each win a $1 million Golden Mega Ball. Two of the Match-5 winning tickets were sold in New York, and the others were sold in Florida, Maryland and New Jersey.
How to play Mega Millions?
To enter Mega Millions, players choose six numbers or choose to have the lottery machine randomly generate an Easy Pick or Quick Pick:
- Five numbers from 1 to 70 (white balls)
- You can choose a number between 1 and 25 (mega gold ball)
If your ticket matches six winning numbers in the drawing, you win the jackpot. There are also small prizes depending on how many balls your numbers match.
The Mega Millions game costs $2 per ticket. You can add a Megaplier for $1, which increases your potential prize amount up to five times the original prize (excluding the jackpot).
“It was all crazy”:Woman wins $175,000 jackpot in White Elephant giveaway
Where can you play Mega Millions?
Mega Millions can be played in 45 states, the District of Columbia and the US Virgin Islands.
Five states – Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Nevada and Utah – do not offer Mega Millions.
What are my chances of winning?
While the $1.1 billion jackpot can be exciting, it’s important to note that the odds of hitting the jackpot are slim.
The odds of winning the jackpot are 302,575,350 to 1.
The odds of matching all five white balls are 1 in 12,607,306.
In Delaware:A 70-year-old woman celebrated her lottery win by buying another ticket. He won again.
Top 10 Mega Millions Jackpot
Here’s an overview of the top 10 Mega Millions jackpots:
- $1.537 billion, October 23, 2018: Won in South Carolina.
- $1.337 billion: July 29, 2022: Wins in Illinois.
- $1.1 billion (estimated): January 10: Active.
- $1.05 billion, January 22, 2021: Won in Michigan.
- $656 million March 30, 2012: Three winners in Illinois, Kansas and Maryland.
- $648 million, December 17, 2013: Two winners in California, Georgia.
- $543 million, July 24, 2018: Won in California.
- $536 million, July 8, 2016: Won in Indiana.
- $533 million: March 30, 2018: Won in New Jersey.
- $522 million: June 7, 2019: Won in California.
The biggest lottery prizes in history
Here’s an overview of the 10 biggest lottery prizes between Powerball and Mega Millions:
- $2.04 billion, Powerball, November 7, 2022: won in California.
- $1.586 billion Powerball, January 13, 2016: Three winners in California, Florida and Tennessee.
- $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, October 23, 2018: won in South Carolina.
- $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022: Winning in Illinois.
- $1.1 billion (estimated): January 10: Active.
- $1.05 billion, Mega Millions, January 22, 2021: won in Michigan.
- $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019: Won in Wisconsin.
- $758.7 million, Powerball, August 23, 2017: Won in Massachusetts.
- $730 million, Powerball, January 20, 2021: Won in Maryland.
- $699.8 million, Powerball, October 4, 2021: won in California.
What is everyone talking about? Subscribe to our fashion newsletter for the latest news of the day
By The Associated Press, Olivia Munson and Natalie Neisa Alund, USA TODAY.
All news on the site does not represent the views of the site, but we automatically submit this news and translate it using software technology on the site, rather than a human editor.