These are the appliances that spend the most and raise your electricity bill
The electric bill It will not give a break this winter and it is that, although we do not realize it, since we have fully assimilated it, the vast majority of the electrical devices that surround us at home are connected to the electric current. We can differentiate them into three large groups: those who consume continuously because they must always be plugged in, like the refrigerator, the that can be disconnected like the kitchen robot, and those who increase the bill with ‘phantom’ consumptionthat is, those who spend many hours on ‘stand by’, such as the boiler.
The OCU has prepared a small guide on the appliances that consume the most and the least in these times when electricity is more expensive than ever and any small gesture in favor of energy efficiency translates into savings on the bill. According to these data, “the consumption of household appliances accounts for 55% of the electrical energy spent in a home”
Taking as reference the average consumption of Spaniards and the most used appliances in homes, these are the ones that consume the most and the least:
The appliances that consume the most electricity
- The dryer It is the one that spends the most, with 1,605 watt-hours (Wh). The cost is about 8.15 euros per month if we use it four times a week.
- The dishwasher It is the second most consumed, with 757 Wh for each use. This translates into €7.21 per month if we put it once a day.
- The fridge one consumes 6.43 euros per month. It is important that it be efficient, since it is on all day.
- The washing-machine spends 1,034 Wh per use, about 5.25 euros each month if it is used four times a week.
- The television it consumes 344 Wh and the average consumption is 4 hours a day, which translates into an expense of 3.28 euros per month.
Likewise, the OCU adds that there is a big difference between what an efficient appliance consumes and another that is not, that is, a new model compared to an old one. Although the way in which it is used is also important: “An appliance with a very efficient it will have a low consumption if you use the ECO programbut not if you use another program”.
In addition, they point out that electric radiators they also take glarge part of consumption of electricity and recommend other systems that consume less to heat the house.
Those who consume less electricity
On the opposite side we find the household appliances that add up to the least in the electricity bill, although the OCU warns that “of course It will depend on the hours of use.
- The vaccum cleaner It consumes an average of 42 kilowatt hours (kWh) and it is not usual to use it on a daily basis. If we use it four times a month, the cost is approximately 12.5 euros per year.
- The computer monitor It also has a low consumption, of about 48 kWh per year if it is on 9 hours a day. It costs us about 14 euros per year.
- The iron spends 135 kWh per year when using it for one hour a week. Poro more than three euros per month and about 41 euros per year.
Beware of phantom consumption: about 2 euros per month
According to the Institute for Energy Diversification and Saving (IDAE), the standby mode or ‘standby’, supposes in every Spanish home Come in 7% and 11 energy consumption. And, according to the OCU, these are the three that spend the most while they are connected but we do not use them.
- gas boiler: 27 kWh/year
- Alexa or Google type speakers: 26 kWh/year
- The robot vacuum cleaner: 23 kWh/year
Only between these three devices spend about 23 euros a year while they are turned off. But there are many more that increase ‘ghost’ consumption, such as televisions off, the microwavewhich are only used for a few minutes a day or the chargers mobile phones, which spend the day and night plugged into the wall. Also the game consoles or the computerswhich are connected to the network during their entire useful life.
*The article has been translated based on the content of lainformacion.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!
For all the latest news click here
Denial of responsibility! termbeamer.com is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – at firstname.lastname@example.org The content will be deleted within 24 hours.