Yakima, Washington shooting: 3 dead in suspect arrest after overnight shooting



Yakima Police Chief Matt Murray said in a Facebook video that a suspect was arrested Tuesday in connection with an overnight shooting that left three people dead in Washington state.

Murray said officers responded to a phone call from the shooter’s family members who said they could find him behind some storage units.

Police arrived and one person was injured, but officers did not shoot the suspect and no officers were injured, Murray said, adding more information is forthcoming. released on Tuesday evening.

The police department previously identified the “homicide suspect” as 21-year-old Jarid Haddock of Yakima County, according to a Facebook post.

Road closures in the area Tuesday morning are “related to an early morning homicide,” a police spokesman said.

SWAT responded and authorities intercepted drones in the area.

Tabitha Johnson, an employee of a nearby business, told CNN the area was cordoned off and police surrounded the home near the intersection of University Parkway and West Birchfield Road. Johnson said authorities had been there since 9 a.m. local time.

The area cordoned off by police is about two miles east of where shots were fired this morning.

Murray told CNN on Tuesday that the suspect entered the ARCO/ampm gas station and “attempted to enter the lobby” but found the doors locked.

“He then walked across the street to Circle K,” Murray said. “He walks into the store and pulls out his gun and there are two people who are getting food and he shoots them.” Both men died, Murray said.

The suspect then left the store and shot another person, also killing him.

Murray said the suspect drove across the street to an ARCO/ampm gas station, shot at the vehicle and drove off.

Police have not said who owns the car, but believe it may be a suspect.

Justin Bumbalog, who worked for Elite Towing and Recovery, said he was half asleep when he heard the gunshots. According to the police, the shooting happened around 3:30 a.m. local time.

Bumbalog said he heard about nine shots and remembered the exact gap between the two shots.

Police responded shortly after the shots were fired, he said.

“It seems like a fluke,” Murray said. “There was no altercation between the parties – the man just walked in and started shooting.”

Steve Bernd, the FBI’s Seattle field office, told CNN he was aware of the incident and was in contact with Yakima police in case assistance was requested.

All news on the site does not represent the views of the site, but we automatically submit this news and translate it using software technology on the site, rather than a human editor.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.